The Department of Management values experiential learning, networking and professional development. We provide our students with extracurricular opportunities to network with professionals in the business community.
Management Student Advisory Council (SAC)
SAC provides management students with the necessary resources for their success at Quinnipiac University. SAC will develop programs for students by students that seek to educate, engage and provide experiences and skill sets to develop whole managers and leaders. The SAC mission is to meet student needs within the management department in the areas of academic success, professional networking and social activities.
- Increase student engagement inside and outside the classroom
- Obtain better feedback for departmental events
- Increase the dialogue between faculty and students to enhance academic excellence
- Nurture students to develop leadership skills that will help shape and meet Quinnipiac's mission
- Develop and increase student engagement by involving students and letting them take ownership of the learning process on special projects
- Build alliances with regional, national and international institutions in management to create opportunities for students, faculty and alumni
- Develop bridges with other departments on campus and discuss possible social and academic collaborations
- Develop a network of students that will seek to nurture and address student needs within the Department of Management
- Implement a student focus group that will cater to the needs of both domestic and international students in the Department of Management
For further information or to join SAC, please contact Professor Iddrisu Awudu at email@example.com.
SHRM@QU is a local student chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management. We provide students from across the University with the opportunity to gain knowledge and insight into the effective management of human capital in the field of Human Resource Management through affiliation with the New Haven Chapter and the national SHRM organization.
The objectives of this chapter include:
- Promoting the exchange of work-related experience of established business professionals with the theoretical academic perspectives of student and faculty members through open forums and information exchanges.
- Encouraging the acquisition, growth, and continuation of our respective careers in human resource management through expanded knowledge, camaraderie, respect, and mutual support among chapter members and through our affiliation with SHRM and our sponsoring chapter.
- Provide a pool of human resource management leaders for perpetuation of the chapter and of SHRM.
- Function as an important vehicle for promoting the field of human resource management to students.
If you have any questions, or are interested in joining SHRM@QU, please contact Professor Fullick at firstname.lastname@example.org.