The School of Education offers a five-year program for you to earn a bachelor's degree in the major of your choice and a master of arts in teaching elementary education or secondary education. We offer exciting courses taught by experienced professors ready to share their knowledge with you.
Why Choose Quinnipiac's MAT Program?
- Hands-On Learning - Every education course is paired with a sequenced and supervised experience in a k-12 classroom, ensuring that you not only read and write about teaching but live it every day that you are in the MAT Program.
- Small, Action-Oriented Classes - With class sizes that average 15 students, you'll never struggle for attention or opportunities to participate in class discussions. Our doors are always open to talk with you about teaching and your career aspirations.
- Technology-Rich Environments - Our professors integrate a wide range of technologies into their teaching including SMART boards, document cameras, and iPads. So you'll graduate from our MAT Program confidently prepared for today's schools, classrooms, and students.
- Career Guidance - We pride ourselves on personalized support in helping you find and compete for the right teaching position - from interviewing skills workshops to out-of-state certification advice to mock interviews and university-sponsored school teaching job fairs.
- Peer Cohort Structure - Students enter and move through the program in peer cohorts, so you'll always have a strong academic and social support network, and you'll never be shut out of a class you need because of space or course conflicts.
- Unique Pre-Professional Experiences - You'll have the option to teach and learn in countries around the globe, present original research at national conferences, attend lectures by nationally renowned educators, and develop after school and summer workshops for k-12 students.
- Graduate Year Tuition Waiver - A full-time internship during your graduate year not only provides you mentored and diverse teaching opportunities, but also covers most of the tuition during your final year in the program.
- Make the World a Better Place - Social justice is more than just a catchy phrase in our MAT Program. It informs how we create and shape every learning opportunity so that you'll become an agent of transformative change for your future students and community.