Vision, Mission and Values
The vision, mission and values statements were developed by the faculty in 2012. These are part of the School of Medicine bylaws, approved by the faculty council. Given our expanded mission, minor revisions were made to the vision, mission and values statements and are currently being reviewed by the faculty council.
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine will be a model for educating diverse, patient-centered physicians who are partners and leaders in an inter-professional primary care workforce responsive to healthcare needs in the communities they serve.
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine enables medical students to attain their highest personal and professional potential in a collaborative environment that fosters academic excellence, scholarship, lifelong learning, respect and inclusivity.
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine embodies the University's commitment to its core values of excellence, student-oriented education and a strong sense of community.
Accordingly, the School of Medicine values:
- Diversity and inclusiveness in all students, faculty, and staff;
- Excellence in education that places the student at the center of the learning experience, and nurtures the student's independence as a lifelong learner;
- A learning environment that promotes the provision of holistic, patient-centered primary care;
- Inter-professional education and service-learning experiences to promote teamwork in the care of patients;
- Clinical partners who support and promote the school's vision, mission and values;
- Social justice and the education of physicians to address healthcare inequities;
- Partnerships within our community that provide students with learning and service opportunities in order to improve the health of the community;
- Advancement of global health by promoting primary care, patient education, community medicine, public health and international partnerships.