Apply to Nurse Anesthesia Program
Apply now for the Post-Master's Nurse Anesthesia program (application process administered by QU Online).
Apply now for the Post-Bachelor's Nurse Anesthesia program (application process administered by Graduate Admissions).
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions at:
Office of Graduate Admissions NH-GRD
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received. The Office of Graduate Admissions is not responsible for materials sent to other offices or personnel.
Application Start Date
The Post-Bachelor's Nurse Anesthesia program begins only in the summer semester. The program is on a rolling admission schedule.
The deadline for a complete application is Oct. 15. Interviews are conducted in the summer and fall semester.
Admission Requirements - Post-Bachelor's Nurse Anesthesia program
- A bachelors' degree or master's degree in nursing or an appropriate science such as biology, chemistry, health sciences, or pharmacology from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Registration as a professional nurse (RN or APRN) in the United States, its territories or protectorates. A license in the state of Connecticut will be required upon acceptance.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum of a 3.0 in the undergraduate level science courses.
Core sciences courses required:
- Chemistry (2) (General/Inorganic and Organic)
- Core science courses can be no older than 10 years old, without evidence of a minimum of one semester of Anatomy & Physiology and one semester of Chemistry as a refresher. Critical care experience must be within 5 years of application.
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application. Do not send cash or check.
- Resume: You will be asked to include an up-to-date resume.
- Letter of Intent: You will be required to upload a letter of intent that should address the following: 1) Professional goals and motivations 2) A nursing experience that has influenced or shaped your practice, 3) why you want to pursue a career in nurse anesthesia.
- Nursing License: You will be required to submit a Nursing license from the United States, its territories or protectorates to the Office of Graduate Admissions. You will be required to have a CT Nursing license prior to the start of your clinical practicum. You will be able to upload your nursing license when completing your application or after submitting your application from your student portal.
- Official Transcripts: It is your responsibility to request official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to have an official transcript sent from the original university. These transcripts must be provided to Quinnipiac University in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Letters of Recommendation: You must have two professional references. One should be from your immediate clinical supervisor, the other one should be from someone who can attest to your academic or work ability.
- Certifications: A copy of your current certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS, CCRN) is required. You will be able to upload these certifications when completing your application or after submitting your application from your student portal. You must successfully complete these certification prior to orientation.
- Documentation of Current Practice as an RN: Evidence of current practice as a Registered Nurse in a critical care area in the US, its territories or protectorates.
- Interview: Personal interviews by invitation will be scheduled once an application is complete.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS Exam scores are required if you are an applicant from a non-English speaking country.
- Foreign Applicants: Course-by-course credential evaluation by either:
World Education Services, Inc. - P.O. Box 745 - Old Chelsea Station - New York, NY 10113-0745 Telephone: (212) 966-6311 or toll free 1-800-937-3895 -- www.wes.org.
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. - P.O. Box 514070 - Milwaukee, WI 53202-3470 Telephone: (414) 289-3400 www.ece.org.
If you're considering one of Quinnipiac's outstanding graduate programs, you're on your way to joining a graduate community committed to academic excellence and professional preparation at the highest level.
Our secure online application is designed to be convenient and efficient. If you need assistance with your application—or would like additional information on your program of interest—please contact the staff in Graduate Admissions.