We recommend applying as a transfer student if:
- you are a service member
- you are a veteran
- you had VA Education Benefits transferred to you from a family member and you have earned college credit after graduating from high school
Transfer students may apply for either fall or spring admission. The admissions committee reviews transfer applications once they are complete. Completed applications for the spring term are reviewed starting in late October; applications for the fall term are reviewed beginning in February (after prior fall term grades are received). We recommend you apply earlier than the dates listed to be considered for the program of your choice.
We encourage you to use your application essay to summarize your experiences and why you’ve chosen Quinnipiac.
Fall applicants: We recommend you apply for transfer admission for the fall semester by April 1, but we will accept applications up to the beginning of classes. The Common Application closes in mid-July, but the Quinnipiac Application is available beyond that date. We recommend you apply earlier than the dates listed to be considered for the program of your choice. The following programs have earlier deadlines and are open only for fall semester transfer:
- January 2: Deadline to apply for the Accelerated BS in Nursing program. Applicants must already have a bachelor’s degree to apply. This program only accepts applicants for the fall semester. Please use the Quinnipiac Application to apply for this program.
- March 1: Deadline to apply for transfer to the BS in Athletic Training, BS in Nursing and BS in Radiologic Sciences programs. Transfer applicants for these programs are accepted on a space-available basis. These programs only accept applicants for the fall semester.
Completed applications (which include all documents) for the fall semester are reviewed beginning in February (after prior fall-term grades are received).
Spring applicants: We recommend you apply for transfer admission for the spring semester by November 15, but we will accept applicants through December. Transfer applications for the spring term are reviewed starting in late October.
The Common Application and Quinnipiac Application are now available for Spring 2020 and Fall 2020.
Applicants should request that the following transcripts be sent to us:
- Transcripts from all colleges attended, whether or not grades were earned
- High school transcript with graduation date (or GED), unless an associate’s degree was completed
- Advanced Placement (AP) transcripts and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) transcripts
- Joint Service Transcript (JST)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1 for those applying for Fall 2020 (based on 2018 fiscal year income). Applicants should file the FAFSA by March 1 for consideration for federal and Quinnipiac financial aid.
Quinnipiac’s FAFSA code is 001402.
You can check the status of your application, receipt of documents and the notification of our admission decision using our secure online system.
Within 48 hours of submitting your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email that will contain instructions on how to access your status information and a temporary personal identification number. Please enter this PIN as your password. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be prompted to create your own password. If you don’t receive your temporary PIN, please click the “forgot password” link.
If you are admitted, you’ll complete the decision form on your status page to take the appropriate deposit steps.
Fall applicants: Matriculation fee and housing deposit for admitted students are due based on the deadline indicated in your admission letter (usually May 1).
Spring applicants: Matriculation fee and housing deposit for admitted students are due based on the deadline indicated in your admission letter (usually December 15).