Applying for Financial Aid
Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid:
To qualify as a graduate student at Quinnipiac University, you must:
- Be matriculated into a degree granting program and enrolled at least half-time (five credits or more) for the semester(s) in which seeking assistance;
- Be considered a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen as defined on the FAFSA;
- Be in compliance with various regulatory requirements of federal and state programs and University polices and procedures.
How to Apply:
Complete the 2016-2017 forms, if seeking aid for Summer 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters.
1. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - If seeking Federal funds, including student loans
Federal School Code for Quinnipiac University: 001402
2. Submit the Quinnipiac University Graduate Financial Aid Application: Return to the Graduate Financial Aid office this form provides information including when seeking financial aid, enrollment plans, outside resources (including tuition reimbursement) and third party authorization.
3. Submit the Need Access application: If wish to be considered for institutional grants
Quinnipiac University is committed to assisting our full-time graduate students by awarding institutional need-based grants. to the students with the highest demonstrated financial need. In order to determine who should be appropriately funded by this grant, we will be using the Need Access application in conjunction with the FAFSA.
Things to know about Need Access:
- You should not submit the Need Access application until you have been accepted to the University.
- Of the eligible applicants 48% of our students received some amount of Quinnipiac grant.
- Students who are enrolled part-time, receive institutional scholarships or tuition waivers (Master Teaching program), and those who are are international or in an online program are not eligible and should not complete the form.
- There is a non-refundable cost of $28 for new applicants and $15 for returning applicants, which is paid directly to Access Group for the processing of the form. Quinnipiac does not receive any of these funds.
- Parental information is required to be considered for grant assistance if students are 28 years old or younger (or if you are married and under the age of 24), as of Dec. 31 2016. We ask for this information to provide our office with a better idea of your financial situation .
The Need Access service is offered by Access Group, a nonprofit, mission-driven organization with its roots in higher education. When we began to offer the Need Access service in 1994, our goal was to provide a value-added solution that would enable schools to equitably and fairly determine eligibility for institutional financial aid.
Submitting the Forms:
Our priority processing timeline is recommended as follows:
For Summer: March 31; Fall: July 30; Spring: Nov. 15
Forms will be accepted after the designated date and complete files are processed in the order received based on the time of year seeking assistance and funding levels.