e are proud to announce our Commencement speakers for our 10 ceremonies this May in the TD Bank Sports Center on our York Hill Campus.
- Tyrone “Woody” Woodyard, vice president for communications at Sikorsky, will address the graduate ceremony for students earning advanced degrees in business, communications and education at 9 a.m., on May 13.
- Juan Quintana, president of Sleepy Anesthesia Associates, will address graduate-degree recipients from the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and the schools of Health Sciences and Nursing, at 1 p.m., on May 13.
- Justice Richard Robinson, of the Connecticut Supreme Court, will address School of Law degree recipients at 9 a.m., on May 14.
- Jonathan LaPook, chief medical correspondent for CBS News, will deliver the Commencement address for the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine’s inaugural class at 1 p.m., on May 14.
Our undergraduate students will line up for six separate Commencement ceremonies on May 20 and 21:
- John Geanakoplos, professor of economics at Yale University, will deliver the Commencement address to undergraduates who have completed their bachelor’s degrees in the College of Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 20. Honorary degrees will go to Irish Sinn Féin MLA Máirtín Ó Muilleoir and Conor Kenny, managing director of Kenny’s Bookshop in Galway, Ireland.
- Hap Klopp, founder and CEO of The North Face, will address the undergraduate business graduates. Frank Casanova II, ’80, a senior director for Apple Inc., will receive an honorary degree at 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 20.
- Mary Leighton, executive director of Camp No Limits, will speak to the health sciences students earning bachelor’s degrees, at 5 p.m., on Saturday, May 20.
- Michele Norris, former NPR host and special correspondent and founder of The Race Card Project, will deliver the Commencement address to students in the School of Communications at 9 a.m., on Sunday, May 21. Armen Keteyian, a correspondent for “60 Minutes Sports” and “60 Minutes,” will receive an honorary degree.
- Mary Blankson, chief nursing officer at Community Health Center, will address undergraduate nursing graduates at 1 p.m., on Sunday, May 21.
- Greg Oneglia, vice chairman of O&G Industries, addresses the School of Engineering graduates at 5 p.m., on Sunday, May 21.