onations are now being accepted for the Hamden Senior Gift Run, an annual program that collects items for local senior citizens during the holiday season, hosted by Quinnipiac and the Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Health and Wellness Council.
The Hamden Senior Gift Run is collecting gloves, winter hats, scarves, blankets, tissue packs, hand sanitizer, lotion, toiletries, socks with gripper bottoms, reusable grocery tote bags, combs, brushes, flashlights, large print puzzle or word search books, unscented soaps, decks of cards, sugar-free cough drops, instant soup and hot cocoa, book lights and $5-$10 gift cards for Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart, Dunkin’ and McDonalds. The items must be new, unused and unwrapped.
Items are currently being collected at various locations until November 22.
- Amy Lisi Hair and Makeup, 2518 Whitney Ave.
- Arden House Care and Rehabilitation Center, 850 Mix Ave.
- Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden, 35 Hamden Hills Dr.
- Elim Park, 140 Cook Hill Rd., Cheshire
- Hamden Regional Chamber of Commerce, 3074 Whitney Ave., Bldg. 1
- Hamden Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 1270 Sherman Ave.
- Hamden Town House Restaurant, 2256 Whitney Ave.
- Hindinger Farm, 835 Dunbar Hill Rd.
- Kelly’s Cone Connection, 2538 Whitney Ave.
- Lisa Hair Gallery, 83 Washington Ave., North Haven
- Meadow Mills Assisted Living and Memory Care, 153 Leeder Hill Dr.
- Miller Memorial Library, 2901 Dixwell Ave.
- People’s United Bank, 2165 Dixwell Ave.
- Quinnipiac’s Public Affairs Office, 3071 Whitney Ave.
- Quinnipiac Student Government Association suite, 275 Mount Carmel Ave.
- Regency House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 181 East Main St., Wallingford
- Some Like It Hot Power Yoga, 2588 Whitney Ave.
- Stay at Home Care, 2 Linsley St., North Haven
- The Linden at Woodbridge, 330 Amity Rd., Woodbrige
- VNA Community Health Care and Hospice, 753 Boston Post Rd., Guilford
- VNA Community Health Care and Hospice, 2319 Whitney Ave.
- Whitney Center, 200 Leeder Hill Dr.
- Whitney Donut, 2574 Whitney Ave. and Whitney Rehabilitation Care Center, 2798 Whitney Ave.
Items will be distributed to local senior citizens from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, December 6, during the annual holiday party at the Miller Senior Citizens Center, 2901 Dixwell Ave. Tickets are $5 for Hamden senior citizens and $7 for all others.