Panel discussion on the right to record police April 23
April 23, 2013 - The University will host the panel discussion "The Right to Record: Examining the Public and the Media's Right to Record Police Activities" on Tuesday, April 23, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the Grand Courtroom in the School of Law Center on Quinnipiac's Mount Carmel Campus.
The Connecticut Foundation for Open Government is sponsoring the event, which will be moderated by Daniel Klau, president of CFOG and an attorney with McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter LLP in Hartford, Conn.
- Kevin T. Kane, Connecticut Chief States Attorney
- Matthew Reed, chief of police, town of South Windsor, Conn.
- Sandra Staub, legal director, American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut
- Mickey H. Osterreicher, general counsel, National Press Photographers Association
- Mario Cerame JD '12 and author of www.righttorecord.com
Online registration is requested.