Scholarship Application Process
The objective of this program is to provide the best of Poland’s future business leaders with an opportunity to earn an American MBA, along with substantive exposure to the American customer-first approach to business.
What does the program entail?
Quinnipiac University will select up to two recipients per year for the Central European-American Business Leaders Scholarship (Poland). Selected students will receive a scholarship to come to the United States for two years to study and work. Scholarship recipients begin taking online MBA courses prior to arriving in the U.S. so they can complete their MBA program in one year. Once in the U.S., scholars take on-site MBA courses (limited online courses are allowed) while living on campus and working part time during their first year. They work full time and live off campus during their second year.
The key benefits of the program include:
- Participants earn an American MBA at Quinnipiac.
- Participants gain work experience at American companies.
- Participants work part time during their MBA studies.
- Upon completion of the MBA, participants work full time for up to one and a half years at an American company.
- At the conclusion of the program, students are required to return to Poland, putting their knowledge and experience to use.
What kind of support is offered?
The scholarship provides the recipient with:
- 1 reasonably priced roundtrip airline ticket
- A start-up stipend to help with initial living and travel costs
- A room in university housing and health insurance during MBA studies
- Fully paid tuition
The university helps students find internships and jobs during their time in the U.S. but cannot guarantee any specific job or company.
What are the requirements?
Ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic, be honest and display a high level of maturity and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Students will also be personally motivated, independent and display initiative.
- Students should be eager to understand American culture and business practices.
- Students must have good communication, presentation and general people skills.
- Students must have completed their university degree in Poland by August 15, 2018.
- Candidates must be under 27 years of age when arriving in the U.S.
- Some work experience (at least internships) is required. Ideal work experience is 1–2 years but preferably not more.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must be Polish nationals.
- The selected scholarship receipts will be responsible to cover certain costs related to: mandatory vaccines, J1 VISA processing fees and SEVIS fee.
What documents are required for the application?
- Current resume.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation – At least one letter must be from a professor at the student’s university.
- Copies of current university transcripts (this may be an unofficial copy but selected candidates must submit an official copy before receiving the scholarship)
- Proof of English language proficiency (minimum C1 level).
- Photocopy or digital scan of your driver's license (typically your Polish license, but international licenses or a license from another country is also acceptable).
- Introductory Letter – should be one page long and include the student’s name, the current field of study, and basic information.
- Essay on intent and motivation (estimated 2–3 pages) – should be up to five pages and explain the applicant’s motivation in applying for the scholarship.
- Plan of Study (estimated 1–2 pages) – should list the MBA courses at Quinnipiac University in which the student is interested.
- Official copy of International Credential Evaluation from WES (World Education Services). Additional cost/fees may apply. Only the selected finalists are required to submit this copy.
- Applications should be submitted before midnight on November 30, 2017 (CET).
- Finalists will have a personal interview with Prof. Gedeon Werner from Quinnipiac University in December in Warsaw.
- The final selected applicants are required to come to Warsaw at their cost.
- Finalists will then be reviewed and selected by Quinnipiac University.
- The final selection will be announced by the end of January 2018.
(All applications must be submitted digitally in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat format. Each document’s file name should begin with the applicant’s family name followed by their given name. As an example, HEJMOWSKI_HANNA_Resume.doc. All written documents must be double spaced, Times New Roman with 12pt. font, and standard American page size.)
What is the selection process?
For a printable version of the application form: