Apply to the Master of Social Work Program
Start your application:
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions at:
Office of Graduate Admissions NH-GRD
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received prior to the stated admissions deadline. The Office of Graduate Admissions is not responsible for materials sent to other offices or personnel.
Application Start Date
The MSW program begins in the fall or spring semesters. The program is on a rolling admission schedule and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants are reviewed and a decision is rendered upon receipt of all required documents.
Full-time students: Fall semester deadline, March 15.
Part-time students: Fall semester, suggested filing date by July 15. Spring semester, suggested filing date by Nov. 15.
Students who hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 20 semester credits in liberal arts and a course in statistics (with a grade of C or higher), are eligible for admission to the MSW degree program. Applicants should also have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0. Those who do not meet the GPA minimum, but otherwise have a strong application, may be considered for provisional admission.
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application. Do not send cash or check.
- Official Transcripts: It is your responsibility to request official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to have an official transcript sent from the original university. These transcripts must be provided to Quinnipiac University in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of Recommendation: You must have two professional references submitted on your behalf. You will be required to enter your recommenders' contact information on the application.
- Letter of Intent: You will be asked to include a letter of intent discussing why you wish to pursue the master of social work program and how a degree from Quinnipiac will assist you in your career goals.
- Resume: You will be asked to include an up-to-date resume.
If you're considering one of Quinnipiac's outstanding graduate programs, you're on your way to joining a graduate community committed to academic excellence and professional preparation at the highest level.
Our secure online application is designed to be convenient and efficient. If you need assistance with your application--or would like additional information on your program of interest-- contact the staff in Graduate Admissions.