Summer Financial Aid Request
School of Law students who wish to study during the summer period may apply for financial assistance to take classes at Quinnipiac University and study abroad at an ABA-approved law school.
Eligibility for aid
Summer financial aid is processed separately from the academic year's financial aid. Students who wish to enroll during the summer must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits to be considered for Federal Direct Loan Programs. There are a few private educational loan programs that may be used for those enrolled in less than 6 credits. In addition, you must be in compliance with the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the Law School. Check with the Office of Financial Aid to determine your status.
Types of aid available
The primary source of assistance for summer study is in the form of federal unsubsidized loans, federal graduate PLUS loans, and private educational loans. Please be advised that the maximum federal unsubsidized loan per academic year is $20,500. Therefore, if you choose to borrow a portion of your 2019-2020 federal unsubsidized loan during the summer, your eligibility for the subsequent fall and spring semesters will be reduced.
Application procedures for summer financial aid
- Before applying for Financial Aid for the summer session, check with the Office of Financial Aid to determine if you have borrowed the maximum amount of federal and/or private loans allowed for the current academic year.
- If you wish to apply for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you must complete the Financial Aid Application Process. In addition, you must be in compliance with the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (PDF), as defined by the School of Law.
- Register for summer classes at the earliest opportunity. Summer assistance will not be offered, regardless of receipt date of application materials, until you are registered. Changes in enrollment may affect your eligibility for aid.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid information below.
- Complete loan applications after registration is completed. Reminder: Federal Direct Graduate PLUS and private education loans are based on your current credit history and/or credit score. Funds will be disbursed at the start of the summer term.
View the summer cost of attendance for study at Quinnipiac University School of Law.