Entrance Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If you will be attending Quinnipiac’s graduate, law or medicine programs and are a first-time borrower of federal loans, you are required to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and the Loan Agreement Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Direct Unsubsidized loan before funds can be disbursed to the university.
- Entrance Loan Counseling – This is an online tool required for student borrowers to understand their rights and responsibilities when taking out Federal loans.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) – This is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(S).
To complete this requirement:
- Sign into studentaid.gov using your FSA ID.
Sign in on studentaid.gov
- Select "Complete Entrance Counseling" and follow the instructions. The Entrance Counseling will take approximately 30 minutes.
Be sure to indicate Quinnipiac University to receive your information.
- While logged in, complete an MPN for the Federal Unsubsidized Loan, which should take about 15 minutes. Be sure to indicate Quinnipiac University to receive your information.