At Quinnipiac, all incoming students are required to live on campus during their first 3 years. That’s because living on campus provides a comfortable and convenient home base close to all the action, and the resources that will help you thrive academically and socially. You will become fully immersed in our campus life and culture, and be close to places where you can quietly study, relax or enjoy a meal with friends.
- Annual events, including guest speakers, concerts, student group events and food festivals.
- A range of student-run clubs and organizations, as well as numerous intramural, club and Division I sports teams.
- 8 Living-Learning Communities that allow you to live with fellow Bobcats who share similar passions and academic interests.
- A 35:1 ratio of residents to resident assistants, which means that you can count on a network of support.
- Convenient access to the Arnold Bernhard Library (open 24/7).
- Around-the-clock coverage for the safety and security of our students provided by the Department of Public Safety.
- On-campus student health and counseling services.
- Secure facilities with access to your room, suite and building via your student ID.
- Walking escort services available on campus 24 hours a day.
- Completely smoke- and tobacco-free university facilities.
- New emergency medical services program staffed by students who are EMTs.
- Indoor and outdoor recreation facilities on both residential campuses with a variety of fitness classes.
- Easy access to miles of trails in Sleeping Giant State Park and the Farmington River Canal Trail.
- A shuttle network providing safe transport to our 3 campuses, local shopping and entertainment destinations, trackable via our real-time mobile app.
- A wide variety of food options and flexible dining plans on each of our 3 campuses.
- Free use of all campus laundry facilities.
- Living units, furnished with all of the essentials and amenities of college living.
- Simple online work-order system for daily maintenance and 24-hour emergency repairs.
- Roommate matching survey, along with the opportunity to select your roommate.
Quinnipiac University wants students to engage in the full experience of living on campus to maximize their personal and professional development. As part of that experience, all full-time undergraduate students enrolling in the fall are required to live in QU housing for their first 3 years (until the end of their sixth academic semester, not including summer or winter terms).
Registration as a full-time student at the university during any fall or spring academic term constitutes acceptance of the housing requirement and will result in a housing assignment and charge, unless the student has requested and been approved for release from the housing requirement by the Office of Residential Life.
We want to make a Quinnipiac experience accessible to all students and will be considerate of individual circumstances as it relates to this housing requirement. Requests for release from the housing requirement will be considered in limited circumstances such as the following:
- Students who are married
- Students who have dependents
- Students who are 24 years of age or older, as of September 1 of the academic year
- Students who are participating in a university-approved academic experience, such as study abroad
- Documented hardship/family health condition
- Students who live within a 25-mile drive of campus at their permanent legal residence (home address) with a parent, legal guardian, sibling or will be living with an immediate family member (parent, grandparent, sibling) who is over the age of 25 at their permanent legal address.
Please know, the university reserves unfettered right to make changes to this approach at any time based on world issues.