Faculty ProfileCarret icon
Assistant Professor of Management
PhD, University of Kentucky
School of Business
Foundations of Health Care Management - Fall 2018
Quality Management in Health Care Facilities - Fall 2018
Health Care Mgmt & Org Leader
Phone Number(203) 582-7754
Dr. Kim had eight peer-reviewed publications in the leading journals including the Policy Studies Journal, the Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law, and Health Care Management Review, three professional reports, and twenty-seven peer-reviewed presentations at the regional, national, and international conferences. She had obtained five research and travel grants and had served as a principal investigator on two projects. Dr. Kim had also engaged in extensive service activities at the department, college, and university level, and contributed to both general and professional communities. She had reviewed articles in various leading journals and had served as a chair and a discussant in professional conferences, and on the committee of the national professional association. She had also served a Community Advisory Board at the regional hospital.
Dr. Kim's research interests include state politics and policy-making process, focusing on social and health policies, the effects of public policies on the well-being of citizens, and health services research focusing on nursing home quality in relation with market conditions and management practices as well as health disparity issues.
Throughout her career, she had taught various courses including statistics, public health and epidemiology, healthcare management, human resources and financial management in health care, and health care quality.
8. Kim, Ae-Sook. (2016). Market Conditions and Performance in the Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Rating. Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, 41(5), 939-968. doi:10.1215/03616878-3632221. (SSCI & SCOPUS)
7. Kim, Ae-Sook. (2016). Nursing Home Report Card and Performance Gap. Health Care Management Review, 41(4), 368-377. doi: 10.1097/HMR.0000000000000080. (SSCI & SCOPUS)
6. Gichungeh, Irene*, & Kim, Ae-Sook. (2015). The Mediating Role of Staffing on Quality of Care in Non-profit and For-profit Nursing Homes in Indiana, Journal of the Indiana Academy of the Social Sciences, 18, 88-102. %5bGranted the Roberts Award for the best paper%5d
5. Kim, Ae-Sook, & Jennings, Edward T. (2012). The Evolution of an Innovation: Variations in Medicaid Managed Care Program Extensiveness. Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, 37(5), 815–849. (SSCI & SCOPUS)
4. Choi, Sheena, Slaubaugh, Michael, & Kim, Ae-Sook. (2012). International Exchange as a Transformative Learning Experience: A Case Study. International Journal of Educational Reform, 21(3), 160–172.
3. Kim, Ae-Sook, & Jennings, Edward T. (2011). Explaining Variations in Medicaid Managed Care Program Coverage. International Journal of Policy Studies, 2(1), 57–72.
2. Kim, Ae-Sook, & Jennings, Edward T. (2009). Effects of U.S. States’ Social Welfare Systems on Population Health. Policy Studies Journal, 37(4), 745–767. %5bHighlighted by the PSJ%5d. (SSCI & SCOPUS)
1. Lah, Tae Joon, Pai, Inmyung, Choi, Soonyoung, Kim, Ae-Sook, & Kim, Taerim. (2003). A Study on the Efficiency Improvement of Mass Energy Business in Seoul. Seoul Studies, 4(3), 105-24 (In Korean).