Ivy Johnson-Kanda, has MBA from Quinnipiac University, MS in Food Microbiology from the University of Minnesota, and BS in Food Science and Nutrition from the University of Ghana. She has over 12 years working experience including being a Research Scientist at the Food Research Institute, Ghana. She has several academic publications including ten peer-reviewed journal papers. Ivy has served as a Reviewer for the Academy of Human Resource Development International Conference in the Americas and the Eastern Academy of Management Conferences. Her current research interest includes Business and Social Sector Strategies for the triple bottom line.�
BS, University of Ghana; MS, University Minnesota Minneapolis; MBA, Quinnipiac University
Integrative Capstone - Spring 2018
Strategic Integrated Management Seminar - Spring 2018
Entrepreneurship & Strategy
- Admissions Assistant, Undergraduate Admissions, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT, Fall 2014 to May 2016
- Research scientist, Food Research Institute (FRI) of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Accra, Ghana, January 2002 to September 2013
- Teaching Assistant, University of Minnesota, Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, St Paul – Minnesota, MN, Fall 2006 - Fall 2007
My Citation Index: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=WogZ8sQAAAAJ&hl=en
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Peterson, G., Yawson, R. M., Sherman, J. & Johnson-Kanda, I. (2017). A Systems Model of Using the Deliberate Leadership Framework for Addressing Wicked Problems. Int. J. Business and Systems Research, 12(3) DOI: 10.1504/IJBSR.2018.10010536. In Press
- Palaria, A., Johnson-Kanda, I., and O'Sullivan. D. (2012) Effect of a Synbiotic Yogurt on Levels of Fecal Bifidobacteria, Clostridia and Enterobacteria, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 78(4): 933–940. DOI: 10.1128/AEM.05848-11
- Quaye W., Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I., Manful, J. T. and Gayin, J. (2010) Building the capacity of farmer based organization for sustainable rice farming in Northern Ghana, Journal of Agricultural Science 2, (1), 93-106.
- Quaye, W., Gayin, J., Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. and Plahar, W. A. (2009) Characteristics of various processing approaches and adoption requirements, Journal of Root Crops, 35(1), 59-68.
- Quaye, W., Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I., Yawson, R. M. and Entsi Willaims, I. (2009) Acceptance of biotechnology and social-cultural implications in Ghana, African Journal of Biotechnology 8(9), 1997-2003. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ajb/article/view/60466/48695
- Quaye, W., Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. Gayin, J. and Plahar, W. A. (2009) Economic Comparison of Cassava Processing Methods in Some Selected Districts of Ghana, Africa, Journal of Root Crops, Vol. 35(2), 81-88.
- Quaye, W., Plahar, W. A. and Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. (2009) Processors’ perceptions of various processing technologies: A case study of selected districts in Ghana, Ghana Journal of Agricultural Science, 42 (1-2), 65 -73. DOI: 10.4314/gjas.v42i1-2.60645
- Yawson, R. M., Quaye, W., Entsi Willaims, I. and Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. (2008) A stakeholder approach to investigation public perception and attitudes towards agricultural biotechnology in Ghana, Tailoring Biotechnologies, 4, 55-70.
- Quaye, W., Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. and Plahar, W. A. (2009) Adoption and impact of high quality Bambara flour (HQBF) technology in the Northern Region of Ghana, Ghana Journal of Agricultural Science, 42 (1-2), 31-41. DOI: 10.4314/gjas.v42i1-2.60642
- Quaye, W., Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. and Plahar, W. A. (2009) Bambara marketing margins analysis in Ghana, Ghana Journal of Science, 49, 3-15. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/gjs/article/view/77582
Edited conference papers
- Yawson, R. M., Peterson, G., Sherman, J., & Johnson-Kanda, I. (2017). Social Sector and Business Strategies for Complex Adaptive Change: Navigating the Changing Currents for Business Education. In: Navigating the Changing Currents. Proceedings of the 44th OBTC Teaching Conference for Management Educators, Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island. June 14 – 17, 2017
- Yawson R. M., Osei-Yaw A and Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. (2006) The Strategic Role of the Food Research Institute in Productivity Enhancement and the Private Sector Development in Ghana. The Business of Innovation, Proceedings of 18th Biennial Congress of WAITRO. Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Quaye, W., and Yawson (Johnson-Kanda), I. (2005) Socio-Economic aspects of the DFID/CPHP/FRI Bamabara project. Crop post-harvest program write-shop on developing institutional histories and lessons, Milklin Hotel, Kumasi, Ghana