Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an international equivalent degree. Permanent residents or Green Card applicants may apply. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students should contact the admissions office directly. We do not accept transfer students for entrance into any year.
Two semesters of the prerequisite courses must be completed prior to matriculation. Upper-level courses and AP credit may be used to satisfy basic requirements when applicable. Online courses of prerequisites will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants must complete a minimum of 32 semester hours of the prerequisites in biology, chemistry and physics from an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. Coursework recommended, but not required, includes natural sciences, human physiology, genetics and cell biology, psychology, sociology, ethics, health policy, foreign language, humanities, communications or computer literacy.
- General Biology - 2 semesters/trimesters/quarters (with labs)
- General Chemistry - 2 semesters/trimesters/quarters (with labs)
- Organic Chemistry - 1 semester/trimester/quarter (with lab)
- Biochemistry - 1 semester/trimester/quarter
- General Physics - 2 semesters/trimesters/quarters
- College English/Writing Intensive - 2 semesters/trimesters/quarters
- College Math or Statistics - 2 semesters/trimesters/quarters (college algebra or above)