Students currently enrolled
Undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in the Spring 2023 semester may register for Summer I and II and Fall 2023 classes using Student Planning within Self-Service on their appointment dates.
General registration information for part-time undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in the Spring 2023 semester (PDF)
Students not taking classes currently
Students not currently enrolled may begin registering on April 24, 2023.
General registration information for part-time undergraduate and graduate students NOT currently enrolled in the Spring 2023 semester (PDF)
Enrolled, full-time students should use Self-Service
Non-degree, non-matriculated students and part-time students should use the Course Registration Form
Beginning December 1, 2022, parking permits, parking tickets, and housing deposit transactions paid via credit or debit card will incur a 3.3% fee from our vendor. This is a slight increase from the fee that our vendor charged previously (which was 3.14%). ACH transactions will not incur any fees.
To: All students, faculty, staff (cc: parents/families)
From: QU One Stop
Subject: New parking policies & assignments for Fall 2022
What you need to know:
- New parking policies for Fall 2022 will assign parking based on class year:
- Seniors, juniors and all commuters may park in specified lots on the Mount Carmel Campus.
- Sophomores must park in the York Hill garage, returning to our pre-COVID policy of no sophomore parking on the Mount Carmel Campus.
- We will maintain our policy that residential first-year students cannot have a vehicle on campus.
- North Lot traffic congestion will be eased by allowing vehicles to exit at the east end of the lot next to the athletic fields.
- New parking permits are required for all students, faculty and staff for the upcoming semester.
- The “York Hill Express” shuttle will run exclusively between the York Hill Campus and the Mount Carmel Campus during peak class hours Monday-Friday for quick access to campus.
We know that parking has been a significant concern for our community. Our total parking capacity across all university lots exceeds demand, but because the North Lot is very popular for parking, it creates logistics issues, traffic congestion and a shortage of spaces in that lot during peak hours.
To address this, we asked a team of MBA students to spend the Spring 2022 semester evaluating parking at Quinnipiac to ensure the solutions we implement reflect the feedback and experiences of our university community. They surveyed students, faculty and staff; conducted research on traffic flow at QU; studied other institutions’ parking policies; and designed a set of recommendations that were reviewed and largely supported by student government leaders and administration.
Based on this community-involved process, we are implementing the following parking policies and related changes at the start of the Fall 2022 semester:
- Parking policies based upon students’ class year
Parking policies and authorizations will be connected to a student’s class year:
- Seniors – parking is permitted on specified Mount Carmel Campus lots, including North, Hilltop and Hogan lots.
- Juniors – parking is permitted in Hilltop and Hogan lots on the Mount Carmel Campus, but not in North Lot.
- Sophomores – we will return to our pre-COVID policy of no parking on the Mount Carmel Campus. Sophomores must park in the York Hill garage, or in the Westwoods lot. An appeals process will be available for sophomores living on the Mount Carmel Campus who have classes in North Haven, the Theatre Arts Center on Sherman Avenue and/or approved accommodations that require use of a vehicle.
- Residential first-year students – we will maintain our policy that residential first-year students cannot have a vehicle on campus.
- All commuters – parking is permitted on specified Mount Carmel Campus lots, including North, Hilltop and Hogan lots. The $90/semester parking fee instituted in January 2022 will be charged to non-residential undergraduate students. Exceptions may be reviewed based upon financial need.
- Faculty/staff – parking is permitted in the following locations: North Lot, Center for Communications, Computing and Engineering lot, College of Arts and Sciences lot, Buckman/Tator lot, Harwood Gate lot and Hogan Lot.
Beginning after 5 p.m. each Friday and through 5 a.m. each Monday, all students with permits, regardless of class year, may park in Hilltop, Hogan and North lots. All vehicles must be moved to their appropriate permitted lots by 5 a.m. each Monday, or they will be ticketed.
- Shuttle service
We understand that convenient and reliable shuttle service is an important ingredient that make these parking policies work. Included below is information regarding the university shuttle system designed to support our updated parking program:
- “York Hill Express” – this shuttle service will run exclusively between the York Hill Campus and the Mount Carmel Campus without making any stops. It will operate during peak class hours of 7 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday-Friday, for quick access to campus.
- Temporary shuttle stop at Harwood Lot – a temporary shuttle stop will be installed in the Harwood Gate lot on the Mount Carmel Campus. This will replace the previous stop in South Lot that will be closed after move-in to accommodate site work for the new buildings on the South Quad.
- Improving traffic flow, reducing congestion
To reduce congestion, traffic flow in select lots on the Mount Carmel campus will be modified:
- North Lot – Later this fall, cars will be able to exit the North Lot onto Mount Carmel Avenue at the far eastern corner of the lot alongside the athletic fields. A new electronic gate will be installed to manage this one-way exiting traffic. These changes in traffic flow will reduce congestion within the parking lot and should significantly reduce traffic buildup during peak hours along Mount Carmel Avenue entering the North Lot.
- South and Hilltop Lots – Following move-in, the South Lot and its entrance on New Road will be closed to accommodate site work for the new buildings on the South Quad. Students who are permitted to park in the Hilltop lot will access the lot via the facilities entrance to campus located further south on New Road.
- Parking enforcement, updated maps
We will revise our parking permit system to use color-coded decals to help clearly identify which parking permits are allowed for each lot. Please look for an email from One Stop later this summer with a link to register your vehicle, apply for a parking permit, and for commuters, pay your annual parking fee.
- Before and during the fall semester, we will install new signage in parking locations to communicate these parking authorizations and associated decals.
- All Parking Rules and Regulations are published on our website. Please review these in detail as they include parking locations for each permit type on all three campuses.
- You can also view a list of frequently asked questions and the location of all QU parking lots on our campus maps.
We are confident that these changes, created with the involvement of our community, will improve the overall parking experience on our campuses.
The One Stop team
Mount Carmel Campus
All students are reminded to check their student account balance in Self-Service regularly.
Log into Self-Service
Outstanding balances result in financial holds and can lead to a late fee charge. A financial hold prevents students from registering for classes, adding or dropping a class, receiving final grades or transcripts and more.
Please reference the following for assistance as needed:
The Self-Service Finance Guide provides complete instructions on using Self-Service to set up a proxy, view and pay invoices and set up a payment plan.
Costs and budgets provide detailed information on tuition and fees.
The Paying for College section provides information to answer most financial aid questions.
Additional questions which are not addressed above, should be directed to One Stop at email@example.com.