What We Do
Learning opportunities that emphasize real-world knowledge
The center creates simulations that reflect those of the real medical world, so our students’ education remains completely relevant.
Examples of current and planned reciprocal learning opportunities include:
- Team learning with mannequins and standardized patients: These exercises include simulated cardiac arrests, home visits, ambulatory and in-hospital care.
- Student Ethics Committee: Multidisciplinary teams of health professions students mirror the composition of hospital ethics committees.
- Interdisciplinary grand rounds: Students from all disciplines participate in this important learning tool where presentations are made to inform all on best practices.
- Clinical rotations: During ambulatory and inpatient clerkships, students work together on assignments designed for hands-on patient care.
- VISION Rehabilitation: This free health care service is for local residents who do not have access to physical and occupational therapy services. The student-run, pro-bono clinic operates on Tuesday nights at the North Haven Campus.