Dining options on our Mount Carmel Campus include: the main dining hall, Café Q, in the Carl Hansen Student Center; a full-service Starbucks Cafe; handcrafted sushi from Sushi Do; the Au Bon Pain Cafe and Bakery; the Bobcat Den dining location on Bobcat Way and Shake Smart in the Recreation and Wellness Center. Each location offers students a variety of culinary options in a relaxing environment.
Dining halls on our 3 campuses offer choices that represent the global and the familiar, with ingredients that are fresh, sustainable and often sourced locally. You want options? We have several unique culinary stations offering traditional and eclectic dishes. If eating sensibly is important to you, you'll love the options available to achieve a balanced lifestyle.
We believe that healthy and satisfying are never mutually exclusive, that taste is a matter of choice, and that all food should be comfort food.
Mount Carmel Campus Dining
Café Q Dining Stations
- Brkfst & Co. — Brkfst & Co. offers just that: your favorite breakfast items, available from morning to midafternoon.
- Grilled Station — Flame-grilled burgers, sandwiches, chicken tenders and other favorites.
- Rosso Verde Pasta — A range of classic Italian pasta dishes.
- Create Smoothie & Acai — Vegan friendly, customizable smoothies and acai bowls made with whole foods and greens. Protein options are available.
- Fresh Greens — A place to grab yogurt or fruit or create a delicious, crisp salad.
- Wild Pie Pizza — Brick oven pizzas made fresh daily.
- Q Deli — The gold standard for quality meats and cheeses, cold sandwiches and subs made fresh to order.
- The Bakery — The perfect place to grab a bagel, muffin, pastry or soup before class.
- Create Global — This station features a constantly changing menu including contemporary American, Asian and Moroccan-inspired dishes. Vegan and vegetarian options available.
- Melt Lab — This station offers grilled sandwiches and quick bites.
- Pom & Honey — A flavorful and healthy experience featuring customizable and crave-able salads, grain bowls and wraps. Students can enjoy hundreds of possible combinations, adding their favorite protein and top it off with fresh veggies, hummus and delicious spreads.
- Delicious Without — Healthy cuisine that appeals to all guests. Delicious Without has something for everyone, including entrees and sides prepared without the top 9 food allergens.
The Carl Hansen Student Center offers a full-service Starbucks cafe on top of an already lengthy list of offerings. This means the global roasts, cold brews, and crafted cappuccinos and lattes you crave will be available whenever the mood strikes you.
Au Bon Pain Cafe and Bakery
A Mount Carmel Campus favorite, Au Bon Pain Café and Bakery features breakfast from open until close, sandwiches, baked goods, fruit and salads. If you are running behind and don’t have time to wait in line we have online ordering on Transact.
Only a few steps away from Café Q is the Bobcat Den which is the perfect spot to grab something quick to eat. Here you will find Sono, a Mexican and Southwestern classics like quesadillas, taco bowls, burritos and salads with available vegan and vegetarian options. Across from Sono is the Diner Express where you can order classic diner meals. Our third station is the Daily Press where you can build your own panini.
Traditional and eclectic sushi and sashimi as well as soups and noodle bowls made to order with the freshest ingredients.
Run by students, for students, the Recreation and Wellness Center offers healthy convenient food options for students who are looking for a delicious protein shake to reenergize themselves after a workout or as a study pick-me-up at Shake Smart.
Local establishments within New Haven County set up shop on the Mount Carmel Campus for students to enjoy various types of food such as BBQ, Tex-Mex and more.
York Hill Campus Dining
The York Hill Cafe offers breakfast, sandwiches and subs made fresh to order (both cold and grilled), personal wood fire pizza, a range of classic Italian pasta dishes and a grilled meals. Overall, there are five options each night that are made for quick pick up.
York Hill Cafe Dining Stations
- Create — For Lunch, Create has a plant-forward concept where students can choose plant-based options and let the power of green take over their palate! For dinner, the Ciao Bella concept is offered where students can embark on a beautiful tour of flavors while exploring a globally inspired approach to a classic dish, pasta!
- Grilled Station — Flame-grilled burgers, sandwiches, chicken tenders and other favorites, available through our mobile ordering software Transact.
- Pasta Station — A range of classic pasta dishes served daily.
- Build Pizza — The overly popular pizza station has options for delicious premade personal pies, as well as build your own option.
- Rotating Concept Station — Our rotating station will include campus favorites for longer than a station takeover! We’re offering concept refreshes to keep QU students on their toes for what’s coming next.
- Rocky Top Deli — The gold standard for quality meats and cheeses, cold sandwiches and subs made fresh to order.
- Sushi Do — The fan favorite on the Mount Carmel campus brought to the York Hill campus serving up great sushi, dumplings and soups.
- The Breakfast Grab and Go — The perfect place to grab a bagel, muffin, pastry or coffee before class.
On The Rocks
On The Rocks Pub and Grill in the Rocky Top Student Center opened in the spring of 2020. On the Rocks hosts members of the university community for a variety of events, from hockey watch parties to galas to open-mic nights to holiday parties, in addition to being a regular spot to casually meet with friends. The pub includes bar stools, booths and farm tables to enjoy beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and pub-style food. There is a stage for live entertainment, multiple TV screens and table-top shuffle board. Best part is — it's run entirely by students for students.
The Den at M&T Bank Arena
Our athletes make every minute in our sports center competitive, exciting and memorable. But no game is complete without classic stadium fare — chicken tenders, soft pretzels and nachos. On game nights, the snack station is a great spot to hit before puck drop, tip-off or between periods. During hockey and basketball season, it may be the only thing that can pull you away from the action.
North Haven Campus Dining
The full-service dining facility on our North Haven Campus features the same health-friendly options as our other campuses: a full deli-bar and a variety of grab-and-go choices such as Au Bon Pain soups and savory salads made up of more than your average greens.
We designed the dining hall on our North Haven Campus with busy and passionate students in mind as you can purchase grab-and go meals and snacks from Outtakes, our 24-hour convenience store. Then students can enjoy the well-furnished and mellow, terrace and patio seating overlooking a tranquil pond for those times when you want to relax and enjoy a full meal.
When you need a pick-me-up, grab a cup of freshly brewed Starbucks coffee. We know coffee isn't just a beverage for health care professionals, lawyers and educators, but a necessity — and Starbucks has treated it like a fine art since 1971.