Quinnipiac University
Four students in Quinnipiac shirts walk across the quad in front of the library

One Stop Student Administrative Services

Records and Enrollment

Beginning July 1, 2021 the One Stop assumed some of the functions of the Office of the Registrar. One Stop provides efficient access to records and enrollment, and processes routine requests in a timely manner. The Office of the Registrar continues to service students, faculty and staff who have more complex requests such as degree conferrals, bulk registrations, Dean’s list, diplomas and more. One Stop and the Registrar work together to ensure that all requests are routed to the correct office and are processed accurately and timely.

Records and Enrollment

I want to...

Register for a course:

Request a transcript

Change my major

Add or drop a minor

Withdraw from an individual course

Take a leave of absence:

Withdraw from the university

Set up proxy (parents, guardian, spouse and/or other authorized individuals) to view final grades

Change my address
(Go to User options > User profile)

Transcript FAQs

We cannot fulfill transcript requests for current or former students with outstanding financial obligations owed to the university. You must contact the appropriate office to resolve any outstanding obligations. It is the responsibility of the requestor to inform the registrar's office that the hold has been rectified.

According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), secondary educational institutions must have written permission from the student to release all educational records. This is applicable to all schools that receive Title IV funds from the U.S. Department of Education. Learn more about FERPA

Learn more about setting up a proxy

Current Quinnipiac students may generate an unofficial transcript and an enrollment verification letter by following these steps:

  1. Visit Self-Service on MyQ

  2. Click on Academics on the left-hand side, and then Unofficial Transcript

Unofficial transcripts are not available for former Quinnipiac students.  Former students may submit a request to order their transcript using Parchment.

Your grade point average (GPA) is included as part of your academic record. Quinnipiac does not calculate or provide class rank.

Course descriptions may be found in the academic catalog at catalog.qu.edu.

Third parties, such as a loan provider or insurance company, may use DegreeVerify through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Registration FAQs

Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate Quinnipiac students will be assigned a registration date based on the total number of credits they have completed. During this timeframe, students will be allowed to register for the upcoming term, using Self-Service

  • Fall/Summer registration happens in the spring term, around March.

  • Spring/J-Term registration happens in the fall term, around the end of October into November.

Learn more about the registration process

Registration for students not currently enrolled at Quinnipiac is completed on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrollment limitations are strictly enforced. Students can check for course availability on Self-Service

Students should use the Course Registration Form

Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate QU students will be assigned a registration date based on the total number of credits they have completed.

You may view your registration date under "Plan & Schedule" on Self-Service

Student's registration date appears below the selected semester

Registration will be open to all currently enrolled students the week following the assigned dates through the first week of classes, except for some blackout dates due to billing.

View details about when registration takes place

To add an additional term:

  1. Log into Self-Service

  2. Navigate to the "Plan your Degree and Schedule your courses" page within the Academics section

  3. Click on the plus sign (+) that appears next to semester at the top of the page, as shown here:
    Click the plus sign to add a new term 

  4. Select the term you need from the drop down menu, and then click "Add Term"

Typically, science lectures also require lab registration as a co-requisite (for example, BIO 101 and BIO 101L). To successfully add these courses, you must register for them simultaneously. Do this by planning both the lecture and lab into your schedule and use the Register Now button in the upper right-hand corner of the plan and schedule screen.

If there is a hold on your account, a red box will show in the upper-right corner of Self-Service with the corresponding notification on how to resolve the hold.

An example is below:

An alert message in a red box from the upper-right corner of Self-Service 


  1. Log into Self-Service

  2. Click on Student Planning

  3. Click on View Your Progress

  4. Click on Show Program Notes

  5. Your adviser's name will appear with your program

If you are trying to get added to a closed section of a course, or if you do not meet the requisites, you will need special permission, which is only granted in extenuating circumstances. Learn more about requesting permission to add a course to a student schedule