Quinnipiac University wants students to engage in the full experience of living on campus to maximize their personal and professional development. As part of that experience, all full-time undergraduate students enrolling in the fall are required to live in QU housing for their first 3 years (until the end of their sixth academic semester, not including summer or winter terms).
Registration as a full-time student at the university during any fall or spring academic term constitutes acceptance of the housing requirement and will result in a housing assignment and charge, unless the student has requested and been approved for release from the housing requirement by the Office of Residential Life.
We want to make a Quinnipiac experience accessible to all students and will be considerate of individual circumstances as it relates to this housing requirement. Requests for release from the housing requirement will be considered in limited circumstances such as the following:
- Students who are married
- Students who have dependents
- Students who are 24 years of age or older, as of September 1 of the academic year
- Students who are participating in a university-approved academic experience, such as study abroad
- Documented hardship/family health condition
- Students who live within a 25-mile drive of campus at their permanent legal residence (home address) with a parent, legal guardian, sibling or will be living with an immediate family member (parent, grandparent, sibling) who is over the age of 25 at their permanent legal address.
Please know, the university reserves unfettered right to make changes to this approach at any time based on world issues.