Tuition and Student Fee Rate Structure
Quinnipiac University’s accelerated dual-degree programs offer students the unique opportunity to earn a bachelor’s and master’s or JD degree in a shortened time span (four, five or six years, depending on the program). The tuition and student fee rate for all accelerated dual-degree programs is frozen for the first four years of the student’s enrollment based on the rate in effect when the student enters the program.
Programs that exceed four years will be invoiced at the frozen rate for the first four years, and at the applicable standard university rate in effect for any future years.
The frozen tuition and student fee rate includes the following:
- Fall and spring courses and number of credits outlined in the program (up to 19 credits per term, or up to 20 credits per term for up to two semesters as described below for students engaging in a study abroad program)
- January term courses (up to 3 credits)
- Summer term courses (up to 7 credits per summer term)
Please note: In extraordinary circumstances, the dean may consider deviations from the standard accelerated dual-degree course/credit load per term. Any financial deviations must be approved in advance by the finance office.
Other fees, such as the technology fees and health insurance, are not part of the frozen tuition and student fee structure and will be invoiced separately.
- Fall and Spring Terms: Credits in excess of 19 will be invoiced at the per credit rate in effect during the applicable academic year. With the permission of the dean, students who choose to study abroad for a semester, may take up to 20 credits for up to two semesters to complete the science lab and 1-credit business core requirements.
- January Term: Credits in excess of 3 will be invoiced at the standard per credit rate in effect during the applicable academic year.
- Summer Terms: Credits in excess of 7 will be invoiced at the standard per credit rate in effect during the applicable academic year.
Room and Board
Students are required to maintain on-campus residency for the first three years of their program. Room and board is not included as part of the frozen tuition and student fee rate; therefore, students will be invoiced for room and board at the rate in effect during the applicable academic year.
Study Abroad and Other Special Programs
The accelerated dual-degree programs’ frozen tuition and student fee structure apply only to traditional on-campus and Quinnipiac Online courses. Students wishing to take part in special programs will be invoiced at the current rate at the time of their registration. Accelerated dual-degree students need to be aware that the cost of the special programs typically includes tuition and room only; there is no board (meal) plan. Special programs offered by Quinnipiac include International Study Abroad programs and Domestic Study Away programs (e.g. QU in LA, Washington DC programs, etc.).
Travel expenses to/from internships are not included in the accelerated dual-degree frozen tuition and student fee structure.