Transfer students may apply for either fall or spring admission. The admissions committee reviews transfer applications once they are complete. Completed applications for the spring term are reviewed starting in late October; applications for the fall term are reviewed beginning in February (after prior fall term grades are received.) We recommend that you apply earlier than the dates listed to be considered for the program of your choice.
We encourage you to use your application essay to summarize your experiences and why you would like to attend Quinnipiac.
Fall applicants: We recommend you apply for transfer admission for the fall semester by April 1, but we will accept applicants through August. The Common Application closes in mid-July, but the Quinnipiac Application is available beyond that date. The following programs have earlier deadlines and are only open for fall semester transfer:
- January 13: Deadline to apply for the Accelerated BS in Nursing program. Please use the Quinnipiac Application for this program (applicants must already have a bachelor’s degree to apply). This program only accepts applicants for the fall semester.
- March 1: Deadline to apply for transfer to athletic training, nursing and radiologic sciences programs. Transfer applicants for these programs are accepted on a space-available basis. These programs only accept applicants for the fall semester.
Spring applicants: We recommend you apply for transfer admission for the spring semester by November 15, but we will accept applicants through December.
The Common Application and Quinnipiac Application are now available for Spring 2020 and Fall 2020.
We’ll need the following official transcripts:
- Transcripts from all colleges attended, whether or not grades were earned
- Secondary school transcript with graduation date, unless an associate’s degree was earned
- Advanced placement transcripts
- International baccalaureate transcripts; International students should send official transcripts to World Education Services (WES) for certification and evaluation of credit and request that Quinnipiac University receive the results.
International applicants will also be required to submit:
- English proficiency score
- Certification of Finances
- A letter of recommendation
Quinnipiac does not offer need-based aid for international students, however we do award merit scholarships based on prior academic work. There is no separate application or form necessary in order to be considered for academic scholarships. The Admissions Office reviews all admitted students for scholarship qualifications and notifies students in their letter of acceptance.
If you have dual citizenship or have permanent resident status in the United States, you can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA opens October 1 for those applying for Fall 2020 (based on 2018 fiscal year income). Applicants should file the FAFSA by March 1 for consideration for federal and Quinnipiac financial aid.
Quinnipiac’s FAFSA code is 001402.
You can check the status of your application, receipt of documents and the notification of our admission decision using our secure online system.
Within 48 hours of submitting your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email that will contain instructions on how to access your status information and a temporary personal identification number. Please enter this PIN as your password. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be prompted to create your own password. If you don’t receive your temporary PIN, please click the “forgot password” link.
Fall applicants: Matriculation fee and housing deposit for admitted students are due by May 1 for the fall semester.
Spring applicants: Matriculation fee and housing deposit for admitted students are due by December 15 for the spring semester.