First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE)
The First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE) at Quinnipiac provides a dynamic, engaging and supportive environment for you to transition to college life. This cohesive team of student staff and professional staff strives to develop a safe, welcoming and inclusive community. Our focus is first and foremost the well-being of our students.
All first-year residents' experiences are supported by:
- Resident Assistants (RAs)
- Full-time professional Residence Hall Directors
- Assistant Director of Residential Life for the first-year area
- A residential curriculum encompassing:
- Personal competence
- Societal competence
- Interpersonal competence
- Practical competence
- Hundreds of programs throughout the academic year (about 3 per day).
In the FYRE community, we hope to be the spark that ignites a passion for lifelong learning both in and out of the classroom.