Q-Start Key Dates
Congratulations! You Made It!
- You're officially a Bobcat! Congratulations on everything you have accomplished to get to this moment. You have a lot to be proud of. Throughout the next few years — and beyond — we will be here with you. Be sure to utilize all of the resources and opportunities that are designed to help you succeed.
Attend the Engagement Fair
- The university will showcase our 140-plus student-run clubs and organizations on the Quad from 4 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 30. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn about all the student experience opportunities available.
Stay Up-to-Date With All Things Quinnipiac
- The best of Quinnipiac is emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday. Be sure to read Quinnipiac Today when it arrives for:
- Get news throughout the week at QU.edu/today
- Learn about the thousands of events that happen each semester at QU.edu/events
- Learn about all the ways you can get involved at the university through Do You QU
Connect With Us on Our Flagship Social Media
- This is the last issue of Bobcat Bound. Continue the conversation through the following accounts:
QStart is still active for you if you missed some steps along the way. Please complete as soon as possible to ensure you do not receive a hold on your account.
Please take the time to log in and review. Explore a few reminders below.
Immunization Documentation is Required for All Students
- Please complete the immunization tracking forms and upload proof of vaccinations on the Quinnipiac Immunization Portal.
- Students looking for health and counseling services this year will be able to book specific appointments online. Check it out, and bookmark this page
- There are a small number of courses that have waitlists. If you would like to know if a course has a waitlist and to be added, please contact the school in which the course is offered.
Students Should Check Self-Service for Academic Advisers
- Incoming students can find their academic adviser information by logging in to Self-Service. If you have any immediate questions, please contact the dean's office for your respective school.
- Students will see their adviser when looking at their profile at the top of their Course Plan.
How to Make Class Schedule Changes
- New students who have not yet completed their registration for classes or who would like to make changes may do so by accessing their Self-Service Account. Students can make schedule changes until the end of the add/drop period (11:59 p.m. on September 1). You may view course-selection sheets posted in Step 10 of Q-Start for recommended courses to take. For specific questions on requirements, closed courses or other program information, please contact the school in which the course is offered.
- Students who have AP credit, please make sure you have requested your scores from College Board to be sent to the Quinnipiac undergraduate admissions office. Scores are sent in mid-July and will be posted by mid-August. Students will receive a notification at that time if they should change their schedule based on those scores. If they have not yet requested their scores, it will take approximately 2-3 weeks for College Board to send them, so please request them as soon as possible.
- Students who have transfer credits from high school dual-enrollment programs or other college credits should have requested their official college (not high school) transcript to be sent to the Quinnipiac undergraduate admissions office. Transcripts will be evaluated and students will receive a notification at that time if they should make schedule changes based on their transfer credits.
- For additional questions, please contact the registrar by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-582-8695.
Select or Waive Your Health Insurance
- The deadline for waiving the student health insurance is August 31.
- All full-time domestic, international undergraduate and graduate students are required to have health insurance. All eligible students who currently have U.S. based health insurance through yourself, your family or your employer must submit an online waiver form if electing to waive out of the student health insurance by August 31.
- If no form is submitted and/or no action taken, students will be automatically enrolled and charged the appropriate student health insurance fee. To learn more about the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), Quinnipiac's insurance requirements and how to waive or enroll, visit Gallagher Student Health. For assistance please call or email Lucille Marottolo at Lucille Marottolo at 203-582-8934 or email@example.com.
- Information regarding reasonable accommodation and access to Quinnipiac programs and services can be found within the Quinnipiac Guidelines and Procedures for Students with Disabilities.
- Completed medical documentation and/or high school records can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, the Office of Student Accessibility can be reached via phone at 203-582-7600.
- Upon receipt of supporting documentation, staff within the Office of Student Accessibility will email the student to set up a time to meet and discuss further.
Consider joining the Quinnipiac Dining team
- Quinnipiac Dining is hiring students to work at the following locations: The Bobcat Den, Mount Carmel Dining Hall, Starbucks, Catering, On the Rocks Pub & Grill, M&T Bank Arena and ShakeSmart. Learn more and apply
Paying for College: Set Up Your Financing Plan ASAP
- You should have received your bill. If you have not already, all students must either enroll in a payment plan or pay their bill in full ASAP.
- Please remember to submit payment, set up a payment plan and/or finalize your financial aid to ensure your balance is covered prior to move-in weekend. This will allow for a smooth transition on move-in day.
- You can view your balance and financial aid via your Self-Service account.
- Please note, if you are still working on financing, a credit-worthy co-signer is required in order for students to secure an educational loan with a private lender. If you have questions regarding private educational lenders, please refer to the Elm Select website, or contact financial aid.
- Secure your financing before August 21 to avoid a financial hold on your account. Students attending Quinnipiac on VA benefits (Chapter 31 and 33) will not receive holds.
- Did you accept federal loans as part of your financial aid offer? As first-time federal borrowers, students should complete government requirements of entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note.
Questions about your bill? Contact One Stop
More of What You Need to Know
- Review your meal plan. Your meal plan can be changed up until the end of the add/drop registration period of the term (September 1).
- Sign your waiver for access to the Recreation and Wellness Center facilities. The link will direct you to log in using your Quinnipiac single sign-on username and password.
- To view the Parents and Families Portal, please ensure your student has granted proxy access so you receive the necessary credentials to view the site. Learn more about proxy access
- Be sure to also sign up to receive emergency and other timely warnings and alerts to your mobile device(s). Log into MyQ to sign up
- Connect with @quorientation and @quadmissions for timely updates and information.
Log Into Q-Start:
Q-Start is your destination to stay on track throughout your journey of becoming a Bobcat.