The School of Nursing’s mission is to provide leadership in nursing and health care through innovative undergraduate and graduate education that embraces holism, interprofessionalism and inclusivity. Our vision is to prepare transformational leaders in health care.
Undergraduate enrollment, Fall 2018
As of Fall 2018, the School of Nursing enrolled 739 undergraduates across 3 programs.
Graduate enrollment, Fall 2018
As of Fall 2018, the School of Nursing enrolled 287 graduate students across 6 programs.
By the numbers
*Numbers reflect undergraduate applicants
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The baccalaureate degree in nursing program, the master's degree in nursing program, and the doctor of nursing practice program at Quinnipiac University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
The doctor of nursing practice (DNP) program for Nurse Anesthesia is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA).
222 South Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, IL 60068-4001
American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation
Many of the nursing programs within Quinnipiac University’s School of Nursing also are endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation. Graduates of these programs are eligible to take the appropriate national exam to become a board certified holistic nurse at the basic or advanced level of nursing:
- Bachelor’s Degree (HNB-BC)
- Advanced Graduate Nursing Degree (AHN-BC)
- Nurse Practitioner Graduate Degree (APHN-BC)
All full-time faculty members have doctoral degrees and maintain practice relevance through direct patient care, research or professional development activities.
Facilities and resources
Facilities and resources
The School of Nursing is located within the Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. You'll experience the essential role nurses play in integrated teams as you collaborate with students from across the university.
The center features first-rate facilities and equipment including:
- High-fidelity simulation suites with sophisticated mannequins that can be programmed with a variety of medical conditions and illnesses
- Standardized Patient Assessment Center
- Two fully functioning operating rooms
- Skills labs that features the equipment used in real clinical settings
- Human Anatomy laboratory
The services and opportunities we offer include:
- Personal advising throughout undergraduate and graduate programs
- Dedicated nursing career development
- Global learning experiences
- Living Learning Community
- Learning Commons
- Nursing student organizations
- Dedicated nursing librarian
- Office of Student Accessibility
- Health and wellness - Health center, counseling services, fitness staff
- Spiritual and Religious Life
According to data collected in 2018, the School of Nursing has a success rate of 98% of graduates employed or currently attending graduate school.
Sample of Career Settings
- Community health clinics
- Flight nursing
- Home care agencies
- Hospice programs
- Long-term care
- Occupational health
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Primary care settings
- Public health departments
- Rehabilitation care
- Residential care facilities
- Urgent care centers
Sample of Employers
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Bristol Hospital
- Community Health Centers, Inc
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Griffin Hospital
- Hartford Healthcare
- Northwell Health
- Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Middlesex Hospital
- St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Trinity Health
- Yale Health Systems