MSN in Operational Leadership Admissions
We make our admission process as straightforward and personalized as possible. If you have any questions or need guidance, our counselors and advisers in the School of Nursing are available to assist you at every stage of your application process.
An applicant to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) in Operational Leadership program must be a registered nurse and have a bachelor's degree. The ideal candidate will have earned an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Please note that admission is competitive and meeting the minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission into the program.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and are evaluated once all materials are received by Quinnipiac. Classes begin in August for the fall semester and January for the spring semester. Students are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible for their desired semester.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Completed application form
- $45 application fee
- Updated resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement - The personal statement allows you the opportunity to provide us with information about yourself that does not appear on your resume. In 500 words or less, please:
- express your professional goals and motivations for seeking a degree from Quinnipiac University at this time.
- describe a nursing experience that has influenced or shaped your practice.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Proof of an active registered nurse (RN) license
- Two professional or academic letters of recommendation
All accepted students will also be required to complete a background check following acceptance and before the start of classes. Acceptances will be conditional prior to satisfactory completion of both. You will receive instructions for completing this background check by email after being accepted into the program.
The background check will include:
- Social security number validation/verification
- Criminal record searches (statewide, county and federal searches)
- National criminal database search
- Sex offender registry search
- Sanctions based search
How to Apply for an Online Program
The Quinnipiac University graduate admissions team is dedicated to helping you easily navigate our educational offerings. An admissions counselor will work one-on-one with you to assess your educational goals and answer any questions that you may have.
To get started, follow these steps:
Apply to a Program
An admissions counselor will assist you with the process and provide guidance every step of the way.
Ask about Financial Aid
Our admissions counselors can answer your questions about the financial aid process. To apply for federal aid, you must complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and use school code #001402.
Quinnipiac University supports equality of educational and employment opportunity. No person shall be denied admission to any educational program or activity or be denied employment on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or ethnic or national origin.
Our graduate admissions representatives are here to answer any questions you may have and help you navigate the application process.