Students will learn basic photography and digital processing principles using their own interchangeable lens camera in this 5-day program. Meeting together using Zoom and working on their own, students will practice principles of exposure, composition, and other techniques to further their photographic skills. Designed for students ages 15-18, they will produce work that could be used in a portfolio for admission to a photography, photojournalism, communications, or fine-art college-level program.
Course highlights include:
- Using professional techniques for portrait, candid, landscape, and action photography
- Practicing digitally processing your photographs in color and black and white
- Using creative approaches to produce artistic results
- A DLSR or mirrorless camera that has an interchangeable lens
- A late model PC or Macintosh computer with Zoom installed
- A webcam and microphone
Whatever your goals may be, you’ll leave with a portfolio of photos that you can confidently share for college admissions, exhibition, or publication.
By the end of the program, you’ll have:
- An organized digital portfolio
- Edited photography demonstrating your ability to compose and process photographs
- A certificate of completion, with a review and assessment from a Quinnipiac professor