The MS in Public Relations program begins in the fall semester only.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The suggested deadlines are:
- Domestic applicants — On or before July 30 (however we will accept applications beyond that)
- International applicants — April 30
The School of Communications invites applications from prospective students who wish to pursue the professional practice of public relations. Recent graduates of a bachelor's degree program outside of the communications fields are welcome to apply, as are prospective students who are presently working and wish to either shift careers or enhance their professional standing.
To be considered for admission to the MS in Public Relations program, you must first possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A completed application
- An official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf
- A letter of personal intent (approximately 500 words)
- A current resume and a portfolio of relevant writing or work samples (i.e., college papers, videos, audio clips or published work of any kind)
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received prior to the stated admissions deadline.
Dual-Degree (4+1) and Accelerated Dual-Degree (3+1) Programs
Students have the opportunity to combine one of our undergraduate bachelor's degrees with a master's degree through the accelerated dual-degree (3+1) and dual-degree (4+1) programs. There are separate application processes for these programs.
Learn more about these programs:
Accelerated Dual-Degree BA or BFA/MA or MS Program (3+1)
Communications Dual-Degree Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Program (4+1)