Quinnipiac University
Students sit with laptops on the quad grass in front of the library

One Stop Student Administrative Services

Registrar’s Office

The Office of the Registrar is dedicated to providing service of the highest caliber to all of our constituents — current and former students, faculty, federal and state agencies, administrative staff and the general public. 

The Registrar’s Office provides essential enrollment, curricular and student record services to the entire campus and alumni community. Support and inquiries can extend to enrollment/registration, course information and scheduling, grading/transcript production, and ultimately degree clearance and certification.

The Registrar's Office is located in the Arnold Bernard Library, in N102.​ 

Registration Information

Register for J-Term and Spring 2024 courses

Students currently enrolled

Undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester may register for January and Spring 2024 classes using Student Planning within Self-Service on their appointment dates.

General registration information for part-time undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester (returning students) (PDF)

Students not taking classes currently

Students not currently enrolled may begin registering on November 27, 2024.

General registration information for part-time undergraduate and graduate students NOT currently enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester (new students) (PDF)

Course registration:

Registration Forms

Course Listings

You may use our online course catalog to search for available courses and course sections.

Course Search

Registration FAQs

To add an additional term:

  1. Visit the "Plan your Degree and Schedule your courses" page within the Academics section of Self-Service

  2. Click on the plus sign (+) that appears next to semester at the top of the page, as shown here:
    Click the plus sign to add a new term 

  3. Select the term you need from the drop down menu, and then click "Add Term"

To register for a BIO or a CHE course (or other courses with co-requisites), register for the co-requisites at the same time. Both lecture and lab should be planned and registered for together.

An example is BIO 101 and BIO 101L.

To see the date you may begin registering for courses:

  1. Visit the "Plan & Schedule" page within the Academics section of Self-Service

  2. Ensure the term you are registering for is selected. Your registration date will appear under the term for which you are registering. An example is shown here:
    The students' registration date will show below the term name 

Once your registration date has passed, the date for the next open registration cycle appears in the same location.

If there is a hold on your account, a red box will show in the upper-right corner of Self-Service with the corresponding notification on how to resolve the hold.

An example is below:

An alert message in a red box from the upper-right corner of Self-Service 

  1. Log into Self-Service

  2. Click on Student Planning

  3. Click on View Your Progress

  4. Click on Show Program Notes

  5. Your adviser's name will appear with your program

Special Permission

Getting added to a closed course, or into a course for which the student has not met the requisites is by special permission and only granted in extenuating circumstances. Admission is not guaranteed. To request permission students should contact by email the following offices.

Course Type Course Name Abbreviations Contact Email
College of Arts & Sciences courses AN, AR, ASL, BIO, CAS, CHE, CJ, DR, EC, EN, GDD, GPH, GT, HS, IRST, LE, MA, MU, PHY, PO, PS, SCI, SO, WS, Languages

Use the College of Arts and Sciences: Request form to retake a class or add to closed course section

Questions: CASDeans@qu.edu

School of Business courses AC, BAN, BBA, CIS, ENT, FIN, IB, BLW, MBA, MG, MK, SB, STR SBdeans@qu.edu
School of Communications courses ADPR, COM, FTM, GID, ICM, JRN, MSS SchoolofCommunications@qu.edu
School of Computing and Engineering courses CER, CSC, CYB, ENR, IER, MER, SER Engineering@qu.edu
School of Education courses ED, EDL schoolofeducationinfo@qu.edu
School of Health Sciences courses AT, BMS, DMS, FLW, HSC, PY, OT, PA, PR, PT, RA, RS, SW SHSDeans@qu.edu
School of Nursing courses NUR SNURDeans@qu.edu
University courses QU QUSeminars@qu.edu
First-Year Seminar courses FYS FYS@qu.edu
Transfer credit questions   TransferAdmissions@qu.edu
Undergraduate Students Taking Graduate Courses

Any undergraduate student wishing to register for a graduate class must receive permission from the graduate program director.

Graduate Students

Any graduate student needing special permission should contact the appropriate program director.

Approval-Required Courses

Completed forms signed by the appropriate dean or program director must be submitted with the registration form for the following courses:

  • Independent study

  • Thesis

  • Tutorial

  • Residency

  • Internship

  • Comprehensive exam

Transcript Requests

You may submit a request to order your transcript using Parchment.

Order your transcript

Transcripts are processed electronically at the time you place the order. If you need a transcript reflecting final grades, or your degree posted on the transcript, please ensure that you select the appropriate ordering option. Quinnipiac University has authorized Parchment to provide electronic transcript ordering. Transcripts can be ordered using your credit card. Your card will only be charged after the order has been completed.

The site clearly guides you throughout the ordering process, including delivery options and fees. Multiple transcripts may be ordered in a single session by adding them to the cart. Each standard academic transcript is $10.

Order updates will be emailed, and you can check your order status or history online. Transcripts will not be processed if an account is flagged for outstanding financial obligations or other associated holds.

Transcript FAQs

We cannot fulfill transcript requests for current or former students with outstanding financial obligations owed to the University. You must contact the appropriate office to resolve any outstanding obligations. It is the responsibility of the requestor to inform the registrar's office that the hold has been rectified.

According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), secondary educational institutions must have written permission from the student to release all educational records. This is applicable to all schools that receive Title IV funds from the U.S. Department of Education.
Learn more about FERPA

Current Quinnipiac students may generate an unofficial transcript and an enrollment verification letter by following these steps:

  1. Visit Self-Service on MyQ

  2. Click on Academics on the left-hand side, and then Unofficial Transcript

Unofficial transcripts are not available for former Quinnipiac students.  Former students may submit a request to order their transcript using Parchment.

Former Quinnipiac students must complete the transcript request form and indicate how many copies of the unofficial transcript should be sent. Unofficial transcripts cannot be sent electronically due to security concerns and the protection of your student record. Please allow appropriate time when making these requests.

Your grade point average (GPA) is included as part of your academic record. Quinnipiac does not calculate or provide class rank.

Course descriptions may be found in the academic catalog at catalog.qu.edu.

Third parties, such as a loan provider or insurance company, may use DegreeVerify through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Dean’s List

We recognize our highest academic achievers each semester on our dean’s list. We are impressed by how ambitious and driven our students are, and we are proud to celebrate their accomplishments.

Students who excel in scholarship by earning a grade point average of at least 3.5 with no grade lower than C are recognized by being placed on the dean’s list.

Full-time students must complete at least 14 credits in a semester, with at least 12 credits that have been graded on a letter grade basis (A through C) to be eligible.

Part-time students must complete at least 6 credits during a semester.

See the Dean’s List