Seize your opportunity
The study of arts and sciences is truly an open door to your future. Courses in all arts and sciences disciplines promote the development of highly attractive, transferable skills such as problem solving, effective communication and analytical thinking. Along with these skills comes career-focused preparation including internships and experiential learning, research opportunities with faculty, professional development workshops, career fairs and networking events all designed to prepare students for life after graduation.
Some of the services we offer to both undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences include:
- Individual career advising and counseling sessions
- QU Career Connections database of jobs and internships
- Assistance with resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation and practice
- Academic advising sessions
- Networking and job search strategies (email, face-to-face, telephone and social media)
By the numbers
Percentage of Class of 2016 students either employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
Advising plan begins in your freshman year and links academic work with careers throughout your entire college experience.
Opportunities to Advance
Number of first semester career development events (September through December) hosted by College of Arts and Sciences Career Development Office.