Post-Master's Doctor of Nursing Practice Admissions
We make our admission process as straightforward and personalized as possible. If you have any questions or need guidance, our counselors and advisers in the School of Nursing are available to assist you at every stage of your application process.
An applicant to the doctor of nursing program must be a registered nurse or NCLEX eligible nurse and have a bachelor’s degree in nursing or another field. The desired candidate will have obtained an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Additionally, applicants to the program must also have a master’s degree in a relevant field.
An application consists of the following:
- Completed application form
- $45 application fee
- Updated resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Proof of an active registered nurse (RN) license
- 2 letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Completed background check
- A minimum of 1,000 hours of fieldwork observation. Up to 600 hours can be included from the applicant’s master’s degree. If additional hours are needed, applicants may register for an additional 2-credit course (NUR 621 Post-Master's Additional Graduate Clinical) to gain the additional fieldwork observation needed.
- Verification from your prior master’s program indicating the total number of supervised fieldwork hours that you completed.
Download to print the verification form
- All accepted students will also be required to complete a background check and drug screen following acceptance and before the start of classes. Acceptances are conditional prior to satisfactory completion of both.
How to Apply for an Online Program
The Quinnipiac University Online admissions team is dedicated to helping you easily navigate our educational offerings. An admissions counselor will work one-on-one with you to assess your educational goals and answer any questions that you may have.
To get started, follow these steps:
Apply to a Program
An admissions counselor will assist you with the process and provide guidance every step of the way.
Ask about Financial Aid
Our admissions counselors can answer your questions about the financial aid process. To apply for federal aid, you must complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and use school code #001402.
Our admissions counselors are here to answer any questions you may have about online programs and help you navigate the application process.