Congratulations! You Made It!
- You're officially a Bobcat! Congratulations on everything you have accomplished to get to this moment. You have a lot to be proud of. Throughout the next few years — and beyond — we will be here with you. Be sure to utilize all of the resources and opportunities that are designed to help you succeed.
Attend the Engagement Fair
- The university will showcase our 140-plus student-run clubs and organizations on the Quad from 4 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 30. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn about all the student experience opportunities available.
Stay Up-to-Date With All Things Quinnipiac
- The best of Quinnipiac is emailed directly to your inbox every Wednesday. Be sure to read Quinnipiac Today when it arrives for:
- Get news throughout the week at QU.edu/today
- Learn about the thousands of events that happen each semester at QU.edu/events
Connect With Us on Our Flagship Social Media
- This is the last issue of Bobcat Bound. Continue the conversation through the following accounts:
QStart is still active for you if you missed some steps along the way. Please complete as soon as possible to ensure you do not receive a hold on your account.
Please take the time to log in and review. Explore a few reminders below.
Immunization Documentation is Required for All Students
Students Should Check Self-Service for Academic Advisers
How to Make Class Schedule Changes
- New students who have not yet completed their registration for classes or who would like to make changes may do so by accessing their Self-Service Account. Students can make schedule changes until the end of the add/drop period (11:59 p.m. on September 1). You may view course-selection sheets posted in Step 10 of Q-Start for recommended courses to take. For specific questions on requirements, closed courses or other program information, please contact the school in which the course is offered.
- Students who have AP credit, please make sure you have requested your scores from College Board to be sent to the Quinnipiac undergraduate admissions office. Scores are sent in mid-July and will be posted by mid-August. Students will receive a notification at that time if they should change their schedule based on those scores. If they have not yet requested their scores, it will take approximately 2-3 weeks for College Board to send them, so please request them as soon as possible.
- Students who have transfer credits from high school dual-enrollment programs or other college credits should have requested their official college (not high school) transcript to be sent to the Quinnipiac undergraduate admissions office. Transcripts will be evaluated and students will receive a notification at that time if they should make schedule changes based on their transfer credits.
- For additional questions, please contact the registrar by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-582-8695.
Select or Waive Your Health Insurance
- The deadline for waiving the student health insurance is August 31.
- All full-time domestic, international undergraduate and graduate students are required to have health insurance. All eligible students who currently have U.S. based health insurance through yourself, your family or your employer must submit an online waiver form if electing to waive out of the student health insurance by August 31.
- If no form is submitted and/or no action taken, students will be automatically enrolled and charged the appropriate student health insurance fee. To learn more about the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), Quinnipiac's insurance requirements and how to waive or enroll, visit Gallagher Student Health. For assistance please call or email Lucille Marottolo at Lucille Marottolo at 203-582-8934 or email@example.com.
Consider joining the Quinnipiac Dining team
- Quinnipiac Dining is hiring students to work at the following locations: The Bobcat Den, Mount Carmel Dining Hall, Starbucks, Catering, On the Rocks Pub & Grill, M&T Bank Arena and ShakeSmart. Learn more and apply
Paying for College: Set Up Your Financing Plan ASAP
- You should have received your bill. If you have not already, all students must either enroll in a payment plan or pay their bill in full ASAP.
- Please remember to submit payment, set up a payment plan and/or finalize your financial aid to ensure your balance is covered prior to move-in weekend. This will allow for a smooth transition on move-in day.
- You can view your balance and financial aid via your Self-Service account.
- Please note, if you are still working on financing, a credit-worthy co-signer is required in order for students to secure an educational loan with a private lender. If you have questions regarding private educational lenders, please refer to the Elm Select website, or contact financial aid.
- Secure your financing before August 21 to avoid a financial hold on your account. Students attending Quinnipiac on VA benefits (Chapter 31 and 33) will not receive holds.
- Did you accept federal loans as part of your financial aid offer? As first-time federal borrowers, students should complete government requirements of entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note.
Learn more about payment options
Learn more about financial aid
Questions about your bill? Contact One Stop
More of What You Need to Know
Log Into Q-Start:
Q-Start is your destination to stay on track throughout your journey of becoming a Bobcat.
First-Year and Transfer Q-Start
Questions about your courses? We’re here for you
Incoming students may contact their academic adviser with all questions about their courses. In addition, the dean's office for your respective school is a resource.
In This Issue